Join Australia's Large Employer of the Year Today
M.C. Herd recently won Victoria and the National Large Employer of the Year. This means that at M.C. Herd we invest in upskilling our employees and provide pathways to grow in the industry. If you want to grow and develop your skills then we would love to hear from you.
Be Part of the Herd Group Family
The quality of our employees is an important reason for our success which is why we only choose passionate and driven individuals to join our team. Collectively we employ over 400 employees and we seeking to expand our operations. We are an equal opportunity and multi-cultural employer and provide our staff with quality training and education opportunities to work their way into positions within our manufacturing operations.
My Future / My Career
“At the Herd Group, our people are at the core of everything we do. Keeping them safe, healthy and happy is a high priority for our business.”
At the Herd Group with the communication and cooperation of our employees, contractors and customers, we are committed in achieving the highest performance in Occupational Health and safety.
We are recognised as one of Australia’s largest manufacturers of quality meat and food products to both domestic and overseas markets. We will conduct our business in a manner that secures the safety of our operations, promotes the health and safety of our staff, and protects the public from risks arising out of our activities.
Our principal goal is to improve health and safety and to eliminate workplace injuries at M.C. Herd.
M.C. Herd promotes a proactive health and safety management philosophy based on effective communication and consultation, the systematic identification, assessment and control of hazards and the encouragement of innovation.
We believe that we offer our employees more than just a job as we offer our employees pathways to their career in the Meat Industry. We work with our employees to develop their skills by providinfg flexible on the job training programs customised to meet ongoing business and operational requirements. Our qualified trainers have wide ranging experience and knowledge in a range of industry sectors.
- FBP20117 Certificate II in Food Processing
- FBP30117 Certificate III in Food Processing
- AMP20316 Certificate II in Meat Processing (Abattoirs)
- AMP20117 Certificate II in Meat Processing (Food Services)
- AMP30116 Certificate III in Meat Processing (Boning Room)
- AMP30216 Certificate III in Meat Processing (Food Services)
- AMP30516 Certificate III in Meat Processing (Slaughtering)
- AMP30616 Certificate III in Meat Processing (General)
- AMP30815 Certificate III in Meat Processing (Retail Butcher)
- AMP30716 Certificate III in Meat Processing (Quality Assurance)
- AMP40315 Certificate IV in Meat Processing (Leadership)
- AMP40415 Certificate IV in Meat Processing (Quality Assurance)
- BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business
- BSB50120 Diploma of Business
- BSB50320 Diploma of Human Resources Management
- BSB50920 Diploma of Quality Auditing
- BSB60420 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
- BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management
- BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resucitation
- HLTAID011 Provide first aid
- MSMWHS216 Operate breathing apparatus
- RIIWHS202E Enter and work in confined spaces
- RIIWHS204E Work safely at heights
- TLID0021 Store and handle dangerous goods and hazardous substances