About Challenge Foods
Challenge Foods is a 100% Australian owned processing facility located in Geelong, Victoria. We were founded in 1968 and moved to our current location in 1976. Challenge has developed over time from a smallgoods manufacturer and red meat seller to now specialising in the cooking and further processing of pork, lamb, beef and chicken products for Fast Moving Consumer Goods Companies (FMCG), Retail, Quick Service Restaurants (QSR), Large further processors and Food Service customers across Australia and New Zealand. We are also an accredited export facility.
Employing in excess of 100 personnel across three shifts, Challenge manufactures a range of products including raw minces, cooked logs, diced and sliced meats, as well as a variety of steamed, battered, crumbed and fried products such as meatballs, cutlets, schnitzels, pizza toppings and cordon bleu’s. Our products can be made to the customer’s own specification and requirements, with the assistance of our Research and Development team. We are HACCP and SQF approved, and boast a fully approved laboratory capable of providing full microbiological clearances quickly and efficiently.
Challenge Foods is an Australian owned processing facility that processes pork, lamb, beef, and chicken into a variety of finished goods.
- We utilise state of the art processing equipment – a variety of slicers, dicers, mincers allow Challenge to create a vast range of sizes to satisfy our customer requirements
- Segregated High Care environment for the further processing of cooked products ensures only the best quality products leave our premises
- Whole logs – to be further processed by our end customer into dinner and pizza toppings
- Sliced, Diced, or Minced cooked products – MAP packed, IQF, or supplied fresh
- We can also supply Raw bulk minced meats – quality checked by both metal detector and x-ray
- We specialise in Contract manufacturing – talk to us for your next opportunity
Challenge Foods is proud to implement and enforce a Quality Control System so we stand by the products that we manufacture.
- We have HACCP and SQF certification and undergo audits from both customers and the Department of Agriculture for our export licencing
- We have an approved supplier program, allergen controls, checks and balances for Organic Approvals, Export Transfers and Prime Safe
- Due to our varied range of ingredient suppliers we are able to develop and produce specific high quality product which is purpose made to replicate the textures, flavours and appearances identical to any traditional cuisine